Switching to tree-free toilet paper is a baby step for sustainable living. Instead of deriving paper from trees, many manufacturers have turned to other more sustainable sources, such as bamboo, for the input of the production.
Caboo is among these environment-conscious brands with their tree-free bamboo toilet paper receiving quite positive feedback from buyers. Our Caboo bamboo toilet paper reviews will highlight all the key features of this product.
- TREE FREE TOILET PAPER made from sustainably grown bamboo and sugarcane, both are fast-growing grasses making our bamboo toilet paper a sustainable, eco-friendly alternative to traditional tree-based bath tissue.
- BIODEGRADABLE, SEPTIC SAFE toilet paper, safe for all disposal systems including motorhome, and marine sanitation systems. The perfect rapid dissolve rv toilet paper for campers, and boats.
- GENTLE ON SENSITIVE SKIN, our eco-friendly toilet paper is hypoallergenic, BPA-free, fragrance-free, paraben-free, lint-free, non-GMO project verified, and uses an elemental chlorine-free bleaching process.
- SOFT, STRONG 2 PLY toilet paper, gives you the perfect combination of bamboo’s strength and sugarcane’s softest fibers.
- BULK PACK OF 24 DOUBLE ROLLS with 300 sheets per rolls. Caboo toilet paper is accredited by the BRC Global Standards, FSC, ISO 14000, and is proudly panda friendly.
Key Features Of Caboo Bamboo Toilet Paper
Caboo bamboo toilet paper is made of 2 main sustainably-grown ingredients: bamboo and bagasse sugar cane. The latter is the by-product after the extraction of sugar cane juice, which usually is burnt or sent to landfills.
Using bamboo for manufacturing toilet paper is more sustainable in the long run. It’s one of the fastest-growing grass which can be re-harvested after 2 years, whereas trees take around 30 years to regrow.
Easy for skin
In addition to being gentle with the environment, this tree-free toilet paper is an excellent choice for sensitive skin. It is non-GMO verified, hypoallergenic, and free of BPA, fragrance, and chlorine bleaching. This lint-free product also leaves no residues behind to irritate your skin.
- Softness: To our pleasant surprise, this toilet paper is not as tough and scratchy as other recycled products that we expected. That said, it is not as soft as the regular 2-ply rolls either.
- Thanks to the soft nature of sugar cane fibers, the toilet paper delivers a smooth feel on the skin, with the softness level is just right to many people.
- Ease of dissolving: The toilet paper breaks down properly and won’t clog disposal systems, including RV, boats, and septic systems.
- Absorbency: Caboo tree-free paper is relatively absorptive yet holds together impressively well against wetness than many other eco-friendly products and non-green brands.
You can purchase 24 double rolls for around just under $30, which means $042 per 100 sheets. It’s pretty on the expensive side for bamboo toilet paper. Also, the ply is thinner than usual toilet paper, so the roll is smaller compared to other products of the same count.
However, Caboo is a member of 1% for the planet, so it donates 1% of its sales towards brands that focus on sustainable development.
Caboo bamboo toilet paper comes with 2 plies wrapping around a heavy-duty tube that gives the roll a good form. There are 2 size options to suit different needs: 16 and 24 double rolls.
The manufacturer uses green as the primary color for their packaging with transparent plastic to display the paper rolls inside. However, as a sustainable product, we would appreciate it if Caboo packed their products with something eco-friendlier instead of plastic (although the wrap is recyclable).
Caboo Tree Free Bamboo Toilet Paper – Pros & Cons
- More sustainable than tree-based toilet paper
- Non-GMO verified
- Unscented for sensitive noses
- Free from chlorine bleaching
- Hypoallergenic and lint-free
- Soft and smooth feel
- Quickly dissolving and septic-safe
- Hold up well against wetness
- Slightly expensive than other environmental-friendly products
- Plastic packaging derails from its aims for sustainability
- Thin, small rolls do not make the product an economical choice
Caboo Tree Free Bamboo Toilet Paper Vs Other Brands
Unlike Caboo, Betterway toilet paper is 100% bamboo, and the extra ply makes it harder to break than its 2-ply counterparts. In addition, the larger rolls and higher sheet count make it more cost-effective, especially for heavy users.
Although the 2 products are comparable in performance, the plastic-free packaging certainly gives Betterway an edge for environment-conscious buyers.
This 2-ply Seventh Generation is a functional toilet paper. The softness and absorbency are above the average, and the roll contains a nice amount so that you won’t go through it fast.
Seventh Generation toilet paper is entirely made of recycled paper, half of which is from post-consumer recycled paper. So it might explain why it is more affordable than its bamboo-based counterparts.
Reel Premium toilet is highly praised for its cleaning ability, softness, and strength. However, unlike Caboo, there is a more cushy feel to it, something you would warmly appreciate for bamboo toilet paper.
This 3-ply is also highly absorbent, so there’s no need to use much at once. And for all of these perks, it’s reasonable to pay a higher price for it than you would with Caboo.
Cheeky Panda toilet paper is one of the most budget-friendly options we have so far. The softness is decent: it’s not rough, uncomfortable, or scratchy. Like Caboo, this 3-ply tissue paper comes in a smaller roll than the average, but it is more difficult to dissolve.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Caboo more eco-friendly than recycled paper?
The recycling process requires more water and energy to process the material than converting fibers into paper. In addition, it has been found that recycled paper potentially contains BPA, whereas Caboo toilet paper is free of this substance.
Does Caboo use chlorine bleach to whiten their toilet paper?
For fibers like bamboo, the manufacturer used the Elemental Chlorine Free (or ECF) technique which uses chlorine dioxide for bleaching instead of harsh elemental chlorine gas. ECF is a safer alternative as it can prevent the formation of dioxin and carcinogens.
Is bamboo toilet paper safe for plumbing?
Although bamboo toilet paper does not tear off easily in normal conditions, it dissolves quickly after being flushed. Thanks to its quick dissolving nature and the force of water, you are not likely to deal with clogged septic tanks or pipes.
Is Caboo Toilet Paper biodegradable?
Caboo toilet paper is fully biodegradable. It will quickly decompose and virtually leaves no trace of existence on Earth. In addition, toilet paper made of bamboo can break down and return to the soil faster than traditional and recycled paper.
You might imagine a rough, sandpaper-like toilet paper for such a bamboo-based product as Caboo. However, Caboo tree-free toilet paper is pretty much the same as many other traditional paper toilets in terms of softness, ease of dissolving, and absorbency. The only trade-off is the higher price for a more sustainable choice.
We hope you can decide whether this toilet paper is worth buying after reading our Caboo bamboo toilet paper reviews. Thanks for reading!