Minor changes to our daily routines can make a difference to our planet. If you’ve already stopped using plastic straws and swapped plastic water bottles for reusable ones, what else can you change next?
Maybe paper products are a great place to start, and one of the most heavily used yet usually overlooked products is toilet paper. Why not be kinder to our trees and switch out your toilet paper? You might find an excellent option in our detailed Betterway bamboo toilet paper review!
Betterway Bamboo Toilet Paper Highlight
- THE SOFTEST BAMBOO TP w/ 100 DAY RISK-FREE MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: How soft is it? As soft as bamboo TP gets! In a blind test of top selling eco friendly TP brands, 96% of people chose Betterway as their #1 FAVORITE! We are so confident you’ll love it that you get 100 days to return it hassle free if you’re not completely satisfied.
- 57% MORE SQUARE FEET PER ROLL – almost 2X longer than other leading brands with 360 SHEETS PER ROLL. This is the BEST VALUE you can find in bamboo toilet paper. Say goodbye to the headache of constantly running out of TP & needing to change the rolls.
- 3-PLY STRENGTH, 2X ABSORPTION: 3 layers of premium LINT FREE & STRONG toilet paper with neat-tear technology. With a double-texture weaving pattern, our paper has two sides: smooth for extra comfort & textured grip for the cleanest wipe TP can give you. Find the side that’s perfect for you! We’re setting a new standard for comfort & cleanliness.
- GENTLE ON SENSITIVE SKIN: This bamboo paper is HYPOALLERGENIC, UNSCENTED & DYE-FREE. No more worries about irritation or sensitivity from the chemicals in regular TP brands. Our environmentally friendly toilet paper is made with 100% all natural, non-GMO bamboo.
- CARBON NEUTRAL US BASED COMPANY w/ 100% PLASTIC-FREE PACKAGING: We purchase carbon offsets for all of our carbon emissions each year to support green initiatives around the world. Our bamboo is sourced from FSC CERTIFIED forests & the individual wrappers on each roll are COMPOSTABLE.
Key Features Of Betterway Bamboo Toilet Paper
Betterway bamboo toilet paper is made from FSC certified bamboo hand-harvested from small, family-run farms. Bamboo is an incredibly renewable source. It can grow up to 3 feet a day, 10 to 20 times faster than regular trees.
The non-GMO bamboo used for this toilet paper is also grown without fertilizers or pesticides, further reducing the environment’s detrimental impact.
In addition, Betterway is also committed to 100% plastic-free packaging, core, and tape of the rolls radically cut down on plastic waste for their customers. Also, all the rolls are shipped around the world using carbon-neutral shipping.
Gentle for the skin
The material is processed without the use of harsh chemicals. The toilet paper is free of BPA, fragrance, inks, and dyes. The reduced use of chemicals in the production makes this product easy on your skin.
- Softness: Bamboo toilet paper is not very soft, which is also true for this Betterway product. If you’re expecting something fluffy soft like Charmin, you’ll disappoint sooner than later. Overall, it’s not soft but not overly rough either.
One side has textured dots for added traction but is still soft, while the other is smoother and softer. This feature is a nice perk since you can choose which side suits you best for cleanliness and comfort.
- Ease of dissolving: Unlike traditional toilet paper or recycled toilet paper, which clogs your pipes or septic tanks, Betterway toilet paper dissolves quickly and is safe for all septic systems.
- Absorbency: Many people highly praised this toilet paper for its great absorbency and strength. You will find yourself using fewer sheets than traditional toilet paper.
Packaging is the area that Betterway toilet paper shines through. The packaging is sustainable to the core. The rolls are wrapped in different palette colored paper, which looks nicely stacked in any bathroom. All the rolls arrive in the recycled cardboard box, and even the tape on the box is also plastic-free.
However, some buyers think that the idea of each roll being individually wrapped is quite wasteful since they will unwrap each roll to put it on the stand.
Betterway bamboo toilet paper is pricey. You pay around $2 for 360 sheets per roll of 3-ply, sustainably grown bamboo toilet paper. Although the manufacturer claimed to offer bigger rolls, the rolls are the same size or even smaller than many other brands.
Betterway Bamboo Toilet Paper – Pros & Cons
- Dissolve quickly and pass all the septic-safe tests
- 100% plastic-free
- Appealing packaging
- Highly absorbent
- 3-ply sheets with textured dots on one side for more grip
- Hypoallergenic, BPA-free
- Quite expensive for a bamboo toilet paper
- The softness is average, yet some people consider it a bit abrasive
- Smaller rolls than regular products
Betterway Bamboo Toilet Paper Vs. Other Brands
MOTHER EARTH Organic Bamboo Toilet Paper
Mother Earth also comes in 3 layers but is fully embossed on 2 sides for a gentle and clean wipe. Like Betterway, there is nothing to write home about its softness. However, it’s pretty sturdy, so it does not break down in the wiping process.
Bim Bamboo Toilet Paper
Bim Bamboo toilet paper is smooth and soft without causing any skin irritation, which we did not expect for such 2-ply toilet paper. In addition, the paper is free of animal-derived gelatin that regular toilet paper usually uses.
Like Betterway, the most common complaint is that the roll is relatively small. Yet, Bim bamboo is still a decent performer in the bamboo-based category.
NooTrees Bamboo Toilet Paper
Notrees bamboo toilet paper has garnered a lot of positive reviews about its softness and absorbency so far. This 3-ply toilet paper is also thick and highly absorbent, so you won’t have to use many sheets. However, many people noted that it seems to slide off the roll easily, which is not an issue with Betterway.
Seventh Generation Toilet Paper
Seventh Generation toilet paper is made of 100% recycled paper instead of bamboo. It also comes without dyes or scents and undergoes a chlorine-free bleaching process. Nevertheless, since there are only 2 layers per sheet, Seventh Generation is not as thick and strong as the 3-ply toilet paper.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there any plastic in the packaging?
Betterway is committed to manufacturing 100% plastic-free products. Each roll is individually wrapped in paper and comes in a box made of cardboard. The manufacturer even avoids using plastic for the tape. It is made of sugar, water, and paper.
Where is Betterway toilet paper manufactured?
Betterway toilet paper is made in China. However, this American-based company is trying to outsource bamboo supply in America to cut down on the fuel fossils used.
Is bamboo toilet paper any good?
Bamboo-based toilet paper is good in any sense for the environment. Most brands source bamboo that is sustainably grown, which does not encroach on the territory of pandas.
Bamboo toilet paper is typically safe for all sewage and septic systems and usually made without harsh chemicals in the process. However, many people noted that switching to bamboo paper sometimes means a compromise for price and softness.
Does the toilet paper consist of any dyes, inks, or scents?
None of these substances are found in Betterway toilet paper.
We hope you can make a better decision after reading our Betterway bamboo toilet paper review. The good news is many manufacturers always try to improve their products’ quality so that switching to bamboo-based toilet paper is not a downgrade for their customers!